Tips for Your LinkedIn Profile
With industries becoming overrun by younger, more technology-based generations, LinkedIn is gaining popularity by companies who are looking to hiring individuals, or just for making connections. It is very important that every individual who is looking to get hired in the coming future make a LinkedIn profile, however just making it will not suffice. The quality of your profile is key because the profile you are exhibiting will be just one out of the many a company is looking at. With this in mind, how can you make your LinkedIn profile stand out?
- When viewing a profile of a potential employee, the first thing to catch their eyes is the photo available on your page. A photo conveys a thousand words, and in this case, the photo you choose to represent yourself on your LinkedIn profile can show what type of a person you are.
- Are you smiling in the picture? Smiling often shows that you have an easygoing personality and will be a great addition to the workplace.
- It is important that the picture is up-to-date.
- Another aspect to consider is the headline you choose for your LinkedIn profile. This is perhaps the second most important aspect of your profile because it is what shows during LinkedIn searches. It should be short, but convey who you are professionally. Consider it your elevator pitch!
- Updated profiles are more likely to attract potential employers.
- If you have recently received a degree but the last form of education listed on your LinkedIn profile is your high school diploma, you are less likely to be employed. One important advice is to treat your LinkedIn as your resume.
With these tips in mind, your LinkedIn profile will be eye-catching!